The residence calculator helps you count the number of days you have lived in Australia and find out if you are eligible to apply for Citizenship
To check if you are eligible to apply for citizenship, you need to check if you meet the residency requirements. The residence calculator helps you find out the number of years you have lived in Australia and if you are eligible to apply for citizenship.
To use the residence calculator, you need to know:
- your permanent residence date
- your lawful residence date
- your intended lodgement date
- dates you travelled in and out of Australia in the last 4 years
Your permanent residence date
The permanent residency date is the day your permanent residency started.
- If you were in Australia, the permanent residency date is when the visa was issued.
- If you are Outside of Australia, the permanent residency date is when you have first entered Australia on that visa.
Lawful residence date
Lawful residence date, is the day you first started living in Australia on a valid and lawful visa. (whether it was a temporary or permanent visa)
Intended lodgement date
Your intended lodgement date is the date you plan to lodge your application for Australian citizenship.
Absences from Australia
You need to know all the travels you have made outside Australia and the duration you have stayed outside Australia.
To go to Residence Calculator, click here and you will be directed to the Department’s website.