| By Leila Reypour |
Last updated: 14 March 2017 (for month ending 28 February 2017)
Circumstances that affect processing times
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration programme
- for citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.
How to view processing times
You can view current processing times on the page for the specific visa subclass or citizenship type you are applying for. You should check regularly to ensure you know the current processing times for your visa.
To ensure your application falls within the published processing times, you need to submit a complete application. The checklists provided on ImmiAccount will assist in making sure you include all required documents in your application.