This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia
- This is a regional visa and you can live anywhere except in major cities which are Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- 491 can access Medicare
- It is a 5 years visa and you will get PR after 3 years of working and living in regional designated areas
- You need three years taxable income of $53,900
- State nomination or family sponsorship required.
- The family sponsored pathway only access MLTSSL occupations
- 491 state sponsorship is on STSOL or MLTSSL
- You cannot move out of regional area before 5 years or before you get permanent residency visa
- You should be invited to apply
- Should be under 45 at the time of the invitation
- Positive Skill Assessment required
- You only need 50 points to apply as State and family sponsored give you 15 points
- Strict conditions of reporting and giving evidence of where you live is attached to this visa.
- Point test are changed and will be announced in another post
VISA Aus has significant expertise in obtaining Student and Guardian visas. One of the main benefits of using VISA Aus to assist with your application is that we can lodge a "decision-ready" application on your behalf. This will lead to significantly faster processing than lodging directly with the Department of Immigration.
Please contact us if you need help.