Minimum English language test scores for the Skilled – Recognised Graduate (subclass 476) and Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visas have changed.
From 18 April 2015, new applicants for these visas must provide evidence that they have achieved an overall score of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6, or the equivalent, and nothing below IELTS 5, or the equivalent, for each of the test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing, from one of the following tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (must have been taken on or after 1 January 2015)
Prior to the changes which commenced on 18 April 2015, these applicants could not provide an overall test score and had to provide evidence that they had achieved a minimum test score of IELTS 6, or equivalent, in each of the test components.