This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant you the visa
- live, work and study in a designated region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant your visa.
You can't stay in Australia longer by extending this visa
- You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you submit your visa application
- add a dependent child after you submit but before we decide on your visa application.
You can travel out of Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.