This visa is permanent visa which does not require sponsorship by an employer, family member or state or territory government. Invitations under this subclass will be issued based on each occupation category and the highest points of the applicants in the pool. Therefore, the aim is to score as many points as possible.
This stream is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
If you are a New Zealand citizen you may be eligible to apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (New Zealand Stream).
For more update processing time, please click here.
In order to be qualified for this visa, you would need to:
- lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited by the Department to apply
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- obtain a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- be below 45 years of age
- be able to meet the points score in your invitation letter. This score will be 65 or more. Check how many points you might get.
- have at least competent
- Meet Health and character requirement
About the visa
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
How long the visa lasts
This is a permanent visa – it lasts indefinitely.
The visa starts on the date it is granted.
You need to get an invitation to apply for this visa. If you would like to know the statistics of the latest invitations issued by the department and the points of the invited applicants, please click here.
You can include your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child in your application.
Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.
You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for five years after the visa is granted.
VISA Aus has significant expertise in handling general skilled visa applications, and can help you with:
- Advising on which visa option is the most advantageous visa in your situation
- Giving you advise how to prepare the work references, Resume and other documents in the format that is acceptable by Department of Immigration and assessing authorities
- Obtaining your skill assessment
- Lodging visa applications within tight deadlines and follow up until the decision is made on your visa
- Managing your bridging visas
- Getting results with minimum stress and make the process as smooth as possible for you
Please book a consultation if you would like assistance with your Skilled Migration visa application