This is a 4-year provisional visa which allows you to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia. You would need to be sponsored by an Australian relative living in a designated area, or by a state or territory government.
This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia for up to four years.
This visa might lead to the permanent Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887).
In order to be qualified for this visa, you would need to:
- lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited by the Department to apply
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- obtain a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Be nominated by a State or Territory
- be below 45 years of age
- be able to meet the points score in your invitation letter. This score will be 65 or more. Check how many points you might get.
- have at least competent
- Meet Health and character requirement
Be nominated or sponsored
You must be either:
- nominated by an Australian state or territory to live and work in that state or territory
- Sponsored by a relative who lives in Designated Areas (link to designated areas)
About the visa
This visa lets you and your family:
- stay in Australia for up to 4 years
- live, work and study in a specified region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
- apply for permanent residency, if eligible, through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).
Extending your stay
You cannot extend or re-apply for this visa. If you want to stay in Australia permanently, you might be eligible for a Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887).
You can include your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child in your application.
Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.
You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for five years after the visa is granted.
VISA Aus has significant expertise in handling general skilled visa applications, and can help you with:
- Advising on which visa option is the most advantageous visa in your situation
- Lodging visa applications within tight deadlines and follow up until the decision is made on your visa
- Managing your bridging visas
- Getting results with minimum stress and make the process as smooth as possible for you
Please book a consultation if you would like assistance with your Skilled Migration visa application